Alison Law manages agency marketing and sales at For Momentum, where she works with senior leadership to develop and execute the agency’s marketing and business plans. She is responsible for the agency’s content marketing strategy, managing all content marketing assets (blogs, cause marketing case studies, websites, email marketing and e-newsletters, landing pages, social media profiles, ad copy, press releases, key messages and talking points, video scripts, etc.) and cause marketing resources. Alison’s career began more than 20 years ago in a newsroom in her hometown of Chattanooga, Tennessee. While studying communication at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Alison worked for the local NBC affiliate. She spent almost seven years in various editorial and management positions at television stations in Chattanooga, Lexington, Kentucky and Baltimore, Maryland. Alison has served as in-house and outside marketing counsel to some of the nation’s largest law firms. She deepened her professional services and B2B experience as owner of her own communications consultancy, Alison Law Communications, where the client roster also included authors and book publicity firms, public relations and advertising agencies, government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
In 2013, Alison and her client the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) won a Silver Telly national advertising award for their “Make It Count” video. The purpose of the “Make It Count” video was to rally fundraising efforts and showcase the many worthy nonprofit organizations supported through the generous donations of the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). TVA commissioned a poem from Alison, who also provided her voiceover talents in the video. Since joining For Momentum, Alison has brought fresh perspective to the relaunch of formomentum.com and the agency’s creative cause marketing resources.
Business Affiliations and Professional Interests
- Engage for Good, Member
- Solo PR Pro, Member
- Broadleaf Writers Association, Board Member
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Member, 2006-2012
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA), Member, 2002-2010
- Southeastern Chapter of LMA, Board Member, 2005-2007; Chapter Administrator, 2008
Georgia State University – Atlanta, GA
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga – Chattanooga, TN
Ask Alison About
- Planning and producing content that engages audiences, attracts search engines and stirs up social media
- Customizing cause marketing consultation packages for emerging nonprofits and new corporate partners
- Conducting client satisfaction surveys that yield actionable information and deliver best-in-class service
- Mentoring girls and young women through her volunteer work for Girls Rock Camp ATL and the Wren’s Nest
- Reading, writing and exploring all things literary in Atlanta and beyond
Return to the Our Team page to meet other For Momentum staff members.