Before joining For Momentum as a cause marketing consultant, Annie Misner spent nearly 20 years in advertising, promotions, integrated marketing and strategic alliances. Annie led the cause marketing department at Opportunity International as Vice President, Cause Marketing. Opportunity International provides micro-loans to individuals (mostly women) in Africa in an effort to provide financial stability to families. Prior to Opportunity International, Annie spent six years managing national partnerships at the American Cancer Society’s national headquarters generating millions of dollars annually for the organization. She launched and managed the NFL’s pink campaign, “A Crucial Catch,” and was the national point person for Chevrolet’s breast cancer support campaign including significant integration with Chevrolet’s racing team and NASCAR. She also managed other successful American Cancer Society corporate partnerships with brands such as Ticketmaster, Neutrogena, United Airlines, P&G, Bank of America, dressbarn/maurices and others.
Prior to working in cause marketing, Annie managed multi-million dollar accounts at advertising and promotions agencies including Campbell Ewald, J. Walter Thompson, BBDO and TG Madison, where she launched the first paid advertising campaign for the American Cancer Society. Select other agency accounts that Annie worked with include: Chevrolet, Cingular, Orkin, FEMA, WebMD, Subway, MasterCard, Coors Light, CPC Foods, Microsoft, Chrysler, Golf Digest and Turner Broadcasting.
Annie has led projects for For Momentum clients including Communities in Schools, Church World Service, American Association of Cancer Research, American Cancer Society, National Audubon Society, YMCA of the USA, Share Our Strength / No Kid Hungry and the Helen Keller Foundation.
Business Affiliations and Professional Interests
- Engage for Good, Member
- Everybody Wins! Atlanta, Past Board Member
- Leadership Buckhead, 2013
M.A. Theological Studies
Columbia Theological Seminary – Decatur, GA
B.A. Economics and Management
Albion College – Albion, MI
Ask Annie About
- Engaging and managing corporate partners on behalf of nonprofit organizations to develop national cause branding collaborations and fundraising campaigns that meet both the corporation’s CSR objectives and the nonprofit organization’s goals
- Coaching and guiding others to understand and be successful in cause marketing sales and management
- Connecting decision-makers in multiple departments—marketing, finance, IT, legal, human resources—to best serve a mission’s objective
- Managing sales of her late husband’s nationally recognized artwork
Return to the Our Team page to meet other For Momentum staff members.