Phone: 404.420.5762 ext. 105
Michele Egan Sterne has raised millions of dollars for national nonprofits and leading cultural attractions—from “The Greatest Show on Earth” to the leading art museum in the Southeastern United States and the world’s largest aquarium. In a career that spans more than 25 years, she has held a variety of marketing, membership and development roles with agency, corporate marketing and sales departments. Michele began her career promoting festivals for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. In the years since, she has worked with companies in the database publishing, direct marketing, wine wholesale and home accessories and design industries. As a development executive for nonprofits like Zoo Atlanta, the Woodruff Arts Center and the Georgia Aquarium, Michele has developed strategic relationships and managed brand partnerships with Accenture, NASCAR, Turner Broadcasting, Northern Trust, Ford Motor Company, Publix and others, integrating mission-based activities into cross-departmental planning teams and bringing a new marketing focus to donor and audience development.
Michele has led business development and sales, planned large-scale consumer events and inspired strategic direction for a variety of business-to-business (B2B) and direct-to-consumer (DTC) marketing plans. Nonprofit brands that have benefitted from Michele’s expertise as a cause marketing consultant at For Momentum include the American Cancer Society, Alzheimer’s Association, Share Our Strength / No Kid Hungry, AARP, American Society of Transplantation, World Wildlife Fund, YMCA of the USA and Helen Keller Foundation, SOS Children’s Villages. Corporate clients include media companies, automotive products and services providers and wineries.
Business Affiliations and Professional Interests
- Engage for Good, Member and Conference Facilitator
- Peer-to-Peer Professional Forum (formerly the Run Walk Ride Fundraising Council), Member and Instructor
- American Marketing Association, Member
- Corporate Volunteer Council of Atlanta, Member and Committee Volunteer
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Member
- National Philanthropy Day, Committee Chair
B.A. Communications and Business
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater – Whitewater, WI
Ask Michele About
- Realizing exponential fundraising growth through strategic cause marketing partnerships
- Customizing cause related marketing solutions based on client-specific needs and project objectives
- Evaluating and improving signature events and fundraising campaigns
- Breaking down silos and improving cross-functional communication
- Rooting for the Green Bay Packers
Return to the Our Team page to meet other For Momentum staff members.