Phone: 404.420.5762 ext. 104
When Mollye Rhea founded For Momentum in 2003, she recognized that she was leading one of very few agencies that specialized in cause marketing. Since then, as cause related marketing and corporate social responsibility (CSR) have become more prevalent, For Momentum has grown into one of the leading cause marketing firms in the United States. On a daily basis, Mollye realizes her goal of strengthening communities by cultivating partnerships between nonprofit organizations and corporations—a goal she envisioned as a result of a volunteer opportunity she had early in her career.While Mollye began her career in advertising, working as a media planner at Young and Rubicam in New York and an account executive at McCann-Erickson in Atlanta, that path took a momentous detour when she spearheaded a philanthropic project for the Atlanta Ad Club. Recognizing her passion for cause when she was asked to help the Ad Club raise money for a foster youth program, Mollye decided to work outside of the traditional advertising agency environment, pursuing opportunities that would pair her marketing and sales acumen with her desire to positively impact society.
Mollye spent eight years with the Arthritis Foundation national headquarters, leaving as Group Vice President of Strategic Marketing Alliances. In this role, she was responsible for overseeing relationships with more than 40 corporate partners and raising millions of dollars in support for the organization. Mollye led the Arthritis Foundation toward greater integration and seamless delivery of key nationwide initiatives, and secured funding through the development and delivery of creative, impactful cause marketing programs.
For seven years, Mollye assumed leadership roles for InterContinental Hotels Group. In her oversight of marketing strategy for the Holiday Inn brand, Mollye implemented new product concepts for consumer and trade marketing programs and managed all phases of key marketing initiatives for 1500+ Holiday Inn hotels in North America.
Through her work in nonprofit development, brand marketing and cause marketing, Mollye has a unique 360-degree perspective of what fosters success in strategic cause partnerships. In her 25+ years in the field, she has developed sponsorship strategies for dozens of nonprofit organizations and hundreds of brands. Mollye has served a broad range of nonprofit organizations including the American Cancer Society, March of Dimes, Arthritis Foundation, Communities in Schools, Paralyzed Veterans of America, SeriousFun Children’s Network, US Fund for UNICEF, Covenant House, National Stroke Association and National Audubon Society to name a few. Corporate and media partners include large pharmaceutical companies, cable networks, hotel brands and their franchisees and retailers.
Business Affiliations and Professional Interests
- Engage for Good, Member and Instructor
- Peer-to-Peer Professional Forum (formerly the Run Walk Ride Fundraising Council), Member and Instructor
- American Marketing Association, Member and Founder of Nonprofit Special Interest Group for Atlanta Chapter
- Leadership Atlanta, 2012 Graduate and Community Projects Committee Member
- Leadership Buckhead, Board Member, 2009-2011
- Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency, Board Member
- National Charity League, Board Member, 2009-2011
- Catalyst for CARE, Board Member, 2007-2009
- Buckhead Business Alliance, Leadership Development Board Member
B.A. Economics and Psychology
William & Mary – Williamsburg, VA
Ask Mollye About
- Speaking about cause marketing at your next conference
- Training your sales or corporate development team
- Leading strategic cause alliance brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Sleeping out to help Covenant House support homeless youth
- Walking in half-marathons and other road races with her kids
Return to the Our Team page to meet other For Momentum staff members.