Since 2012, Finish Line Youth Foundation has conducted an in-store fundraising campaign for Special Olympics. In 2016, the company asked For Momentum to develop an enhanced strategy and compelling theme to accomplish three key objectives:
- Increase consumer awareness and participation
- Increase Finish Line employee
- Demonstrate the collective impact of the funds raised
The FM team recommended capturing the unbridled joy of the Special Olympic athlete’s experience when reaching their goals and connect that emotion to the joy surrounding the holidays.
For Momentum developed messaging and creative around the call-to-action, “Spread Unstoppable Joy”, which was featured in stores nationwide in November-December 2016.
- Stores displayed images that highlighted joy via athletes raising their arms in the air as they crossed the ﬁnish line or succeeded in their athletic event.
- Finish Line customers were asked to help spread joy to Special Olympics athletes by donating at checkout.
- In-store promotions included print displays and pin-pad messaging.
- The retailer experimented with new online channels, including conducting blogger outreach and designating a celebrity ambassador.
- Finish Line also hosted an internal contest for Store Managers, awarding a trip to Special Olympics Games in Austria for the store who raised the most funds.
Finish Line raised more than $875,000 in stores during the holiday period
- CAMPAIGN Directly impacted 15,040 Special Olympics athletes who received one month’s coaching and training
- Finish Line hosted 15 shoe giveaways and three special events for Special Olympics athletes during the campaign
- Higher participation rates among FL stores and regions
- Engagement of several social media influencers who were parents of children with special needs