When I started writing twINFO last June the idea was to create an internal resource to keep myself and my co-workers “in the know” about the current most-relevant happenings in the – cause marketing, social, good, cause alliance landscape – mentioned on twitter. We quickly realized that this concept fit perfectly with For Momentum’s objective for our on-line presence – “as a resource that helps cut through the rhetoric and focuses on practical tips and industry related information that can be used and applied by seasoned cause marketing professionals, novices, nonprofit organizations” – really anyone looking for cause marketing knowledge!
So twINFO was given a public debut as a “convenient compilation of current industry info sourced on twitter to keep you inspired and in the know”. The response has been great! We at For Momentum regularly use it internally as a tool and it appears our industry colleagues value it as well. twINFO was mentioned in industry expert Joe Water’s Blog, Selfish Giving, as a resource that follows cause marketing that he “loves” (thanks Joe!)
We have now decided to take the compilation idea one step further and create a compilation of twINFO compilations. (Say that 10 times fast!) Included in this blog are the resources – studies, research, guides – mentioned in twINFO (sans the witty comments) in 2011. This is intended to be a resource for use – for client work, by nonprofits, for sales meetings, partner alliance discussions, presentations – anything where one would utilize the most-recent statistics, findings, research, etc. related to cause marketing, corporate social responsibility, corporate partnership, corporate sponsorship, social philanthropy, social good, purpose, etc. (hey now I had to get my keywords in there!).
We certainly hope you find this compilation useful, applicable and most of all convenient. Please let us know! We’d love to hear from you and see the ways you use this information. Follow us on Twitter @formomentum.
TWINFO 2011 RESOURCE COMPILATION
AUGUST 18, 2011
- American Millenials: Deciphering the Enigma Generation – surveyfrom Barkley (plus 2 partners).
SEPTEMBER 1, 2011
- Details of findings of MSLGroup on-line survey related to companies and causes.
- Research findings – Corporate Social Responsibility and Shareholder Value: The Environmental Consciousness of Investors.
SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
- Research based ‘insights on the state of corporate philanthropy presented by the Council on Foundations.
- Creating Shared Value: A How-to GuideFor The New Corporate (R)evolution
SEPTEMBER 22, 2011
- 70+ Essential Resources for Making a Difference on the Social Web – compiled by Mashable.
- JWT’s Social Good Report – a result of quantitative, qualitative and desk research.
OCTOBER 13, 2011
- On-line resource – Johnson & Johnson’s &you widget.
NOVEMBER 10, 2011
- The Effectiveness of Celebrity Spokespeople in Social Fundraisers a white paper released by Zoetica Media.
- Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy 2011 Report Giving in Numbers
DECEMBER 8, 2011
- The Do Well Do Good Public Opinion Survey on Cause Marketing
- Cause Marketing Forum’s white paper – Facebook and Cause Marketing: Truth, Trends & Tips From Pioneers
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST…
It was not included in twINFO but I would be remiss in, my responsibilities as and pledge to be, a ‘professional cause marketer’ (think Hippocratic oath with a marketing twist) if I did not include the 2011 Cone/Echo Global CR Opportunity Study.