By: Giana Gease
For Momentum’s COVID-19 Resource Round-Up
During times of uncertainty and crisis, it feels as though everything changes. And, right now, COVID-19 is impacting everyone and everything in some way or another. At For Momentum, we have been watching the news closely, working to identify and navigate these new challenges and opportunities, and sharing what we learn. Here’s a list of resources to help navigate the evolving corporate partnership landscape.
Check back often for updates on additional webinars
- Recording: Navigating Cause Partnerships Through COVID-19: Boots On The Ground Insights From Cause Marketing Experts: Armed with data from a new Engage for Good survey of nonprofit leaders, we share aggregated planning insights, revenue forecasts and a snapshot of anticipated implications for cause activation timing.
Date: Weekly on Wednesdays| 1:00 pm EST
- COVID-19: Employee Volunteering When You Can’t Serve In-person (Webinar hosted by Points of Light): Points of Light will discuss strategies and opportunities for organizations to keep the civic engagement momentum going to engage employees and support their nonprofit partners and communities.
- Maintain momentum for your fundraising events amidst COVID-19 (Webinar hosted by Blackbaud): Blackbaud shares the best ways to keep the fundraising momentum going and for ways to bring the event experience online.
- Managing COVID-19’s Impact On Your Peer-to-Peer Programs (Webinar hosted by Peer-to-Peer Professional Forum): Armed with a new Peer-to-Peer Professional Forum survey of top program executives and an expert panel, P2P Professional Forum will share news on what is happening in the field and gain insights into how to attack this major challenge.
- COVID-19: Navigating Legal Complications For Corporate Partnerships And Fundraising Events (Webinar hosted by Engage for Good): This webinar will share tips on legal contracts and implications from the global pandemic by Perlman & Perlman.
- COVID-19: Strategies to Help Your Organization Navigate the Impact on Fundraising (Webinar hosted by Charity Dynamics): Charity Dynamics will discuss strategies for getting out ahead of the pack in the areas of virtual events, social media, messaging/content strategy, and donor-advised funds.
RESPONSES AND RESOURCES
NONPROFIT RESPONSES AND RESOURCES
- GivingTuesday Announces Day of Global Action for Giving and Unity in Response to COVID-19: the groundbreaking global generosity movement, announced #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving and unity, set to take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. T
- The Social Impact COVID-19 Resource Center (from Engage for Good): To help all of you work smarter, we’re collecting and frequently updating the best online resources for corporate social impact professions.
- COVID-19 P2P Resource Center (from Peer-to-Peer Professional Forum): This online resource center is designed to link you with data on 1) what others in our field are doing and 2) articles and tools on navigating this challenging terrain.
- Nonprofit Resources List: #NPCOVID19 (from Selfish Giving)
- The Coronavirus Concern: What Nonprofits Need to Know (Blog post from DonorDrive): Involve participants in the solution, virtualize popular events, optimize digital donation methods, think about other donation campaign opportunities, Leverage Facebook Fundraisers with event participants
- Help for Nonprofits During the Coronavirus and Uncertain Economic Times (Special Report from The Chronicle of Philanthropy): Several stories from the Chronicle can help your nonprofit plan and prepare for the impact of the coronavirus on your workers and volunteers — and your finances.
- Sponsorship During Times Of Crisis: Cancelled Events, Postponing and Refunds (Blog post from The Sponsorship Collective): Suggested event decision making tool.
EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- COVID-19: HOW COMPANIES ARE RESPONDING (Blog post from Porter Novelli/Cone): Companies are providing basic necessities, bolstering affected employee benefits, lending support through products and services, and donating to targeted areas
- CREATIVE WAYS COMPANIES ARE GIVING BACK DURING COVID-19 (FORBES)“The COVID-19 Crisis Fifty-six percent of consumers report being happy to learn about how brands are helping in response to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a recent survey from the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A’s). And helping they are!”
- Covid Knights: Corporate social purpose in the time of COVID-19 Covid Knights is a new series from Corporate Knights. Check back regularly for updates on companies mobilizing as a force for good during the pandemic.
- EMPLOYEE VOLUNTEERING WHEN YOU CAN’T SERVE IN-PERSON (Blog post from Points of Light): In the civic engagement sector, leaders have been asked to plan alternatives, postpone or cancel planned volunteer experiences for workers in response to limits on travel and event attendance. With the focus on the health and safety of staff and partners, how do you balance your purpose work?
- Tips for Communicating with Donors During Uncertain Times (Blog post from Blackbaud): Relationships are the foundation of fundraising. Growing authentic, long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with highly engaged supporters is proven to be the most effective and sustainable development strategy, regardless of market conditions.